
Today I read about two men who dedicated their summer to ride their bicycles across America to raise awareness about Lupus, and to hopefully receive donations to support the fight against this disease. I was so happy to see that these two men love someone so much that they are willing to ride across America to do this for them (one of the men's mother has Lupus). I truly hope that people become more aware of this disease and hopefully will help through donations.
Dave and I donate each year to the Lupus Foundation. It makes me feel as though I'm doing something to help fight and not give up hope... and it gives me a sense of accomplishment I guess. I'm helping the cause! When I was diagnosed, I thought I would never be happy again... it was difficult to swallow the fact that I had something that I couldn't control. And even worse, I had to give up probably one of my favorite things in the world....the sunshine. It's been hard, but I get through it because my family keeps me positive and supports me during my bad days! I couldn't ask for anything better than a wonderful husband and a very supporting and loving family- a huge thank you to them! I love you all...
To read their story and accomplishments during the trip across the LupUS, please go to http://www.acrossthelupus.com/
2 comments:
Slutter-
I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Life doesn't seem fair sometimes. I hope that you're feeling well. I luv ya to pieces and can't wait to see you soon!
-Amy Kopenhagen
Hello:
My name is Dylan Trakas and I am one of the men who rode across the country last summer as part of the fundraiser AcrossthelupUS. I was made aware of your blog today when I was trying to get to my webpage from last summer and somehow was taken to a list of google results. Curious to see what Google brought up when I typed "across the lupus", I looked through the first page of results and found your blog spot. I simply wanted to say thank you for your support and thank you for fighting. My mother has lupus and I know from her the difficulties associated with this terrible disease and how crippling they can be at times. Hopefully, one day soon, the best and brightest of this world will be able to come up with better medications and subsequently a cure. I hope you and your family are well.
Sincerely,
Dylan Trakas
Post a Comment