April 22, 2010

Loveth my Mother Earth

E a r t h  D a y
Why I love Mother Earth:
She is home. 
She smells pretty (most of the time).
There are more beautiful places than I could ever visit...
It's like "beautiful places" window shopping everyday.
She provides us with everything we need.
She has wonderful taste in seasons.
She puts up with a lot of our crap.
And she's starting to fight back.
She is strong. 
I also love her sister, Mother Nature.
They are a great team.
I just love her (and her sweet sister).

Since we don't have a yard of our own
(town homes are blessings and make me sad at the same time)
I am unable to go plant a beautiful tree in my yard.
which, I would totally plant a magnolia tree... sigh
So, instead... this weekend we are going to plant flowers,
and maybe some seeds to watch them grow.
Hannah hasn't planted seeds and learned the "science" of it all yet.
I think this is a good year.
Maybe some herbs, or tomatoes... something enjoyable! 
We will honor our Mother Earth (and her sister) 
by giving our little home some color and lovely smells.
Next year, maybe we'll go into the woods and plant a little tree.
It'll be our little tree in this beautiful world we call Mother Earth!
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle everyone!!
Happy Earth Day!

No comments: