Ella James was welcomed to the Hammer family about two weeks ago... Hannah's new best friend. If you ask Hannah how old Ella is, she will tell you that "she isn't four. She is naughty and does not like Sleeping Beauty, just Belle". The joy of imaginary friends! I wish I had one! I do talk to myself... maybe I do have one and don't even know it!!!I read an article about imaginary friends, and Hannah is one of the lucky ones! About half of her age will have some type of imaginary friend during their late 2's through 3 year stage. At first I was freaked out that maybe she was alone too much or didn't have enough play dates... According to my little article, it means no such thing. In actuality most kids that have imaginary friends grow up to be more creative, cooperative, sociable, independent, and happy. So, hallelujah my child isn't crazy and better yet, I'm not a horrible mother!
On a side note to that... today Hannah told my mom that she needs a sister. Not one like Gracie, Abbey, Ellie, Ella or Kaylee, but one of her own. When my mom told me this I about cried. I would LOVE to give Hannah her very own sister... What do I say to that!? "uh, Hannah mommy is gonna run to the sperm bank and get us a baby sister". Uh-huh... that'll go over smoothly in counseling (when I've hit complete insanity)!!! Any suggestions, free kids- let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment