August 25, 2010

School's in session...

My little, baby girl started school... 
And I am so proud of her already!
However, I thought I could stay strong and no tears.
Hannah's dad took her to school for her first day-I just do hair.
As I put her into her dad's car and wished her well on her first day,
the tears began to swell.
I felt horrible.
Why?! I shouldn't feel horrible.
Sadness overwhelmed me.
I was not taking my child to school on her first day.
Oh the joys of divorce...

But, on the happier side of things, Nan was READY!
She was so excited and couldn't wait to start her day.
I think she is more excited about her school programs than anything.
She focuses on that more than learning, making friends, actually attending school.
It's amazing how wonderful and bright she is!
I know she will do wonderful things in her life.
She is caring, silly, sensitive, sweet, smart, and many other "s" words!
School will be a great adventure and I'm glad I will be able to marvel at her success.
I know she will go far in life and will make her dad and I very proud.
Here is to the beginning of something new...
...that will last a lifetime!
Good luck Beanie! I know you'll do amazing in school!
I love you very much.

No comments: