November 7, 2010

The Lupus Gala and Sunday Morning love...

 The Lupus Foundation Gala 2010
Mike and I were lucky enough to attend this years Lupus Foundation Gala at La Caille
Can I just say, HOLY SHMOLY it was a beautiful place!

For this years Walk For Lupus, I was one of the top three fundraising teams...
so, the LFA gave us two tickets to the Gala.
I will admit, I felt VERY out of place. 
People definitely had money at this event.
I was a little sickened by it.
But, hey those with money gave generously to the auction and I'm happy they did.
And just a side note... 
Have you ever noticed that those who have money tend to be the worst dressed at events!?
I'm just sayin... 
Overall, the food was good, the drinks were free and not skimpy, and it was a nice evening.
I guess once in a while getting dressed up isn't such a big deal.

I also want to thank Mike for supporting me.
He supports me when it's raining at the Lupus Walk and still goes with me 
(even after working a graveyard shift)
He attended the Gala with me
(which, I made him late for work for going)
And most importantly he takes care of me, and he still loves me just the same..  
He knows my bad days and how to deal with it.
I appreciate that he reads about Lupus and the Foundation and what can help me get through it.
I love you, 
and thank you for being here for me with all this joyous fun and my racist body.


Sunday morning bakers

The girls and I decided banana bread was a must for this early morning...
HELLO daylight savings!
So after the mixing, spilling, flour clouds, dirty hands and bread into the oven,
the girls needed their picture taken!
They are such cute girlies together and were very good sharer's today (phew!)
I just loved this picture!
And I just love these girls to pieces.

If you want a great banana bread recipe, 
I LOVE this blog and ALL of her recipes! So, give it a whirl... you'll be glad you did!

No comments: