December 4, 2010

A belated Thanks...

Well I've been a little distracted and haven't posted in a long while.  I mean c'mon, it is the holidays and I don't have the time, energy, money or choice to cozy up and blog away!  However, Nan is with the cousin's playing, so I am able to breathe a little.... time to BLOG!  Yes!

November was a great month!  It's the beginning of the important holidays, especially one special day I like to call the day to remember I was born! Ok, not that big of deal, but maybe one day it will be. So, I know that my parents, and well probably my brother would beg to differ on this being a special day... I know they tried to send me back as a babe.  Kris did mention being raised by wolves at one point in my life, which I still haven't recovered from.  But, yes it was my birthday and it was a joyous weekend for it! 

It started with the wonderful feast of Thanksgiving!  Oh blessed day!  I love the moist, salty taste of turturkeykey (what a great, How I Met Your Mother episode).  I could eat butt rolls, cranberry sauce and celery with cheese all flippin' day!  Now, that would be joyous!  But, I'm getting ahead of myself... The most important part of this day was spent with family and being thankful enough to have such a support system, entertainment, company, love and of course the black Friday ads!  I am so grateful for my family and I'm thankful they haven't fed me to any wolves, which apparently were family at one point as well, so I guess I wouldn't be a meal but a guest instead!?  I asked Hannah what she was thankful for and she told me she is thankful for me, for her dad, her family and makeup.  Four going on sixteen maybe... NO!!  It was such a nice afternoon and I love our traditions... I love my family.  **picture was taken by my sweet friend Amy Little- Love her to pieces**


The birthday was a couple days later, which started with a cake baked by my two favorite chef's.  Mike and Hannah made a delicious cake (well, we didn't have frosting til late that evening, but still eating it at 11:45 pm meant it was still my birthday and counts).  I enjoyed my afternoon and evening with my sweetie.  It was a perfect day... which, by the way at 7:00 am that day I had tried to get rid or forget it by using genie magic, but neither wiggling my nose or putting my two index fingers together would work... go figure.  I'm glad that my magic didn't work though.  It was awe-sum!!  I wish I had a picture of Mike drinking his first Sake attempt. It was priceless to say the least... yet, I still love him for trying it... and trying it... and trying it til he decided he didn't like it!  So, to all my family and friends, thank you for such a great day and weekend!  It was a great way to knock another year off!

No comments: