June 2, 2010

c e n t e r e d

B a l a n c e
I finished, Eat. Pray. Love, for the second time Monday.
I enjoyed it more the second time around...
...because I was missing something before.
I think I was supposed to read it twice to finally figure out
where I fit, within myself.(sounds funny, I know)
And, I related to the author in more ways than I thought!
I am on a journey. A journey to find balance. As was she.
A balance between religion, love, and harmony within myself.
My journey is off to a great start!

However, now I feel that I must go to a beautiful island
and meditate for hours on end to find inner peace...
Yeah, like that's gonna happen.
Who seriously has money like that!?
So, instead I have found Red Butte Garden.
Yoga in the garden sounds almost like an island, right!?
Well, it'll have to do with the funds I have at my disposal.

And with all the joys of my journey... I got a token of inspiration.
A friend of mine from Emery County Sheriff's office gave me a necklace
that I think was an amazing gift in more ways than one.
Friendship, guidance, and inspiration.
I had seen the necklace at a conference, and mentioned how neat it was...
to whom, I believe was my co-worker Kimberly,
but my memory fails me all too often these days.
Kyle had bought some for his office folk, and when I got in to work
that next week, I had one on my desk as a gift from him.
He's a good friend that I respect dearly,
and I think he gave it to me as a "reminder" without purposely doing so.
How would he know I'm on a self-discovering journey, right!?
I believe someone/something had him send this beautiful necklace my way.


I love this! I have it hanging on my mirror in the Subi to look at each day.
I may not be an "organized" religious person, but I'm finally getting it.
I am still afraid of many things in regards to religion... like praying.
Why that scares me is questionable... But I'm working on it!
However, I think receiving this little token has helped.
It's a beautiful little reminder...
to seek guidance from something greater.
I'm good with that!
Just need to keep practicing...


So, to Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat. Pray. Love), thank you.
Her journey helped me build mine, and I appreciate it... 
in a weird, non-psycho way of course!

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

It's always wonderful when the books we read have real meaning for our own lives. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Jenn & Cardy said...

You know...it's interesting because I did not love Eat Pray Love but I did make it all the way through and although it wasn't my favorite book I feel like I took home several messages from her story and her struggles. Glad I read it.