June 28, 2010

Let there be sunshine!!

I LOVE SUMMER!
Finally...it's summer time!
Goodness, we've missed you sunshine and warmth...
The kids are so excited that it's summer!
We've started more sleep overs, endless hours at the pool,
dance class has begun, and we can be justified in wearing flip flops!
Oh the joy!
So, I had to post some of our recent pictures that deem the start of summer.
 So, off we go!
Hannah is definitely my daughter. She knows what proper shoes are.
She can wear my 3" or 4" heels with ease...she was made to wear heels!
That's my girl!
Hannah and Ellie started a dance class on Friday's too.
They are so cute! And best behaved kids in the class...
I'm so proud of them! 
However, Hannah takes the teacher literally on the "high kicks to your nose" bit.
I love every moment of watching her be the little girl she wants to be!
It's also time for popsicles, late nights...talking to cows and friends.
Our neighbor, Alex... who is somewhere between the age of 9-11, is Nan's first crush.
She loves Alex.
Each week I hear how her "husband, Alex" this... and her "boyfriend, Alex" that...
Poor kid... he has no idea.
Nan will yell out her window, "Alex, I love you"... 
even after I yell at her for yelling out the window at people.
Oh man!
So this past weekend, Nan and Maddy had a sleepover with Ellie. 
Little did I know that Nan ALSO asked Alex if he'd like to sleep over too...
Oh sweet lord... I felt so bad for him, and I also felt bad for his mother.
I didn't know she had asked him til AFTER he came back from asking his mom. 
She probably thinks we are psycho!
(note to the neighbors, we are not psycho...I promise!)
Again, poor kid.
So, we wandered down to the field and made conversation with the cows. 
It was quite comical to watch a calf put its head between it's mothers back legs to eat.
Nan thought it was pretty gross that it's head almost went to her bum!!
All in all, it was a great day of swimming, playing, eating, and enjoying company.
Needless to say, the little sleep over with Hannah, Maddy Sue, and Ellie went great!
No boys allowed!
Oh, how I love summer!

No comments: